Date(s) - 22/04/2021 - 10/06/2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
ONLINE ZOOM VERSION of the 8-Week Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC)
This course will run weekly on zoom, onWednesday evenings 6.30-8.30
The Mindfulness Based Living Course is an 8-week programme based on the work of world-renowned secular mindfulness teacher Rob Nairn. It is similar in content to the MBSR Course, but is designed specifically for non-clinical populations, and also places a stronger emphasis on cultivating loving kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others.
Three decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete mindfulness courses report:
- An increased ability to relax and an improvement in quality and duration of sleep
- The ability to cope more effectively with stress and anxiety, depression, anger and panic states
- The ability to cope better with chronic pain and a reduction in pain levels
- Greater enthusiasm, creativity and increased energy levels
- Improved self-esteem and clarity of thought
- A more effective immune system
- Particular effectiveness in helping people with the following conditions: cancer, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, generalised anxiety disorder and depression, multiple sclerosis and health care provider self care.
The course is largely experiential, each session consisting of at least one 25/40 minute meditation, or “practice” and the opportunity to explore and share in a supportive group environment experiences of the practices both within the group and at home, under the guidance of an experienced practitioner.
Meditation practices include the body scan, mindfulness of breathing, sound, body and thoughts, 3 minute breathing space, mindful movement, mindful walking, loving kindness meditation, mountain meditation and mindful eating. There will also be an exploration of how to bring mindfulness into our daily life, work and communication with others, and how mindfulness can help with stress and anxiety.
Mindfulness is an outlook rather than a technique, and developing a regular meditation practice enables us to cultivate and develop it. Home practice is therefore an important aspect to this training and we suggest putting aside 30-40 minutes a day, to gain the maximum benefit from the course.
Each course consists of :
- A one to one chat on the phone with the tutor prior to the start of the course where required
- Online support for the duration of the course
- Eight one and a half hour sessions ONLINE
- An optional follow up session after the course has finished
- Drop box audio tracks and an access to an AP and a course booklet online
The course tutor is available throughout the duration of the course via phone or email to support you in your practice and answer any questions.
This course will take place in the comfort of your own home via zoom. We will send you an invitation each week, and once you have connected you will be able to see and hear myself and the other group members. We suggest you wear loose fitting clothes.
The course fee is £200/£170 concession for people on benefits.
Mindfulness Glasgow will always do it’s best to accommodate people on low incomes, so please let us know if you would like to be placed on the waiting list for a partially funded place, should one become available.